SS501′s Kim Kyu Jong joins the army on July 23
On July 2, B2M Entertainment, Kim’s agency, reported Kim will enter the recruit training center of the 35th division in Jeonju on July 23.
Kim will have a basic military training for four weeks and do alternative service as a public service worker for two years.
Kim was originally exempted from the military service because he was a hepatitis type B carrier. However, the the military service law was recently reformed and he got classified as a public service worker.
Kim’s agency says, “There’s no special schedule for Kim until he joins the army. Before he leaves, he will release his own song for his fans as a gift.”
On June 29, Kim went to Kim Hyung Jun’s comeback showcase, which was held at AX Korea, and showed off his friendship with him.
Kim says, “I decided to join the army after consulting with other SS501 members. I’ll finish the military service quickly and fill the empty spot while other members are in the army.”
Kim is the first SS501 member to join the army. Kim Hyun Joong, Heo Young Saeng, Park Jung Min, and Kim Hyung Jun are currently represented by all different agencies.
Kim debuted as a member of SS501 in 2005 and also released a solo album. He attracted attention through the musical Princess Hours and TV Chosun’s drama series Go! Mrs. Go!
- Any copying, republication or redistribution of STARNEWS’s content is expressly prohibited without prior consent of STARNEWS. Copyright infringement is subject to criminal and civil penalties.
- English version: korea.com │ eternalc2h
- 포토 |'미녀들의 아슬아슬 각선미 대결 승자는?'
- 포토 |구하라, 완벽한 개미허리!
- 포토 |현아, 퍼 사이로 드러낸 섹시미!
- 포토 |송지은, 걸어 다니는 인형!
- 포토 |선미, 애교 넘치는 손가락 하트!
- 계범주, 스물네 살 '미생들'에게 바칩니다(인터뷰)
- 채연 "섹시? 여가수 최대무기...내년 초 댄스곡 컴백"(인터뷰)
- 천과장 박해준 "'미생' 주연들, 반겨줘 가벼운 마음 호흡"(인터뷰②)
- 천과장 박해준 "'미생' 인기 최고때 출근..민폐 부담"(인터뷰①)