JYJ’s Jae Joong turns into Joseon’s charismatic military officer
A new drama series Dr. Jin is expected to air in the first half of 2012. On February 21, the production team of the drama series announced that JYJ’s Jae Joong plays Kim Gyung Tak, a military officer of Joseon Dynasty.
Kim Gyung Tak is the highest-ranking military officer from a renowned military official family, generation after generation. He is a person of self reverence and high competitive spirit, but very devoted to only a woman.
Jae Joong made his impressive debut with SBS’s 2011 popular drama series Protect the Boss, but Dr. Jin will be his first challenge to appear in a historical drama series. Jae Joong is determined to display his dignified charismatic part with well-honed martial arts
His successful transformation into an actor turning from one of the most favored ‘idol’ singer in Asia surely is the focus of the people’s attention. That’s why his following step as an actor is drawing much attention both at home and Asian regions.
Dr. Jin is a historical medical drama series with special features: The best known doctor living in today’s Korea traces back to the Joseon Dynasty in the 1860s. Based on a Japanese hit comic book, which created a huge sensation when it was produced in a Japanese drama series in 2009, Dr. Jin is newly adjusted this time to Korea’s typical sentiment.
A representative of the production team says, “This will be a good chance for Jae Joong to reveal his different appeals from Protect the Boss. Please keep your interest and support for his challenge in this historical medical drama series.”
- Any copying, republication or redistribution of STARNEWS’s content is expressly prohibited without prior consent of STARNEWS. Copyright infringement is subject to criminal and civil penalties.
- English version: korea.com │ minongzi
- 포토 |소녀시대 '표정은 무겁게, 패션은 가볍게'
- 포토 |2104코리아드라마페스티벌, 열기 대단하네!
- 포토 |JYJ, 한국의료관광 홍보대사 위촉
- 포토 |김희애 '나이 잊은 깜찍 포즈~'
- 포토 |현빈, 사랑스러운 미소
- 고우리 "'장보리'에 밀렸지만 행복했던 작품"(인터뷰)
- '파격 변신' 남영주 "롤모델 아이유..매력 가수 될래요"(인터뷰)
- 고우리 "대세 유연석과 연기 호흡 원해" 러브콜
- 서른 살 신민아, 女神은 변신 중 (인터뷰)
- Slide 2014코리아드라마어워즈 빛낸 시상자
- Slide '대상' 김수현, 뜨거운 눈물
- Slide 2014코리아드라마어워즈 빛나는 스타
- Slide 2014코리아드라마어워즈 '진주가 들