JYJ’s Jae Joong turns into Joseon’s charismatic military officer
A new drama series Dr. Jin is expected to air in the first half of 2012. On February 21, the production team of the drama series announced that JYJ’s Jae Joong plays Kim Gyung Tak, a military officer of Joseon Dynasty.
Kim Gyung Tak is the highest-ranking military officer from a renowned military official family, generation after generation. He is a person of self reverence and high competitive spirit, but very devoted to only a woman.
Jae Joong made his impressive debut with SBS’s 2011 popular drama series Protect the Boss, but Dr. Jin will be his first challenge to appear in a historical drama series. Jae Joong is determined to display his dignified charismatic part with well-honed martial arts
His successful transformation into an actor turning from one of the most favored ‘idol’ singer in Asia surely is the focus of the people’s attention. That’s why his following step as an actor is drawing much attention both at home and Asian regions.
Dr. Jin is a historical medical drama series with special features: The best known doctor living in today’s Korea traces back to the Joseon Dynasty in the 1860s. Based on a Japanese hit comic book, which created a huge sensation when it was produced in a Japanese drama series in 2009, Dr. Jin is newly adjusted this time to Korea’s typical sentiment.
A representative of the production team says, “This will be a good chance for Jae Joong to reveal his different appeals from Protect the Boss. Please keep your interest and support for his challenge in this historical medical drama series.”
- Any copying, republication or redistribution of STARNEWS’s content is expressly prohibited without prior consent of STARNEWS. Copyright infringement is subject to criminal and civil penalties.
- English version: korea.com │ minongzi
- 포토 |안정환, 작전지시하는 감독님
- 포토 |정글에 간 다솜-박한별, '마네킹 몸매의 소유자들'
- 포토 |김사랑, 초미니로 당당한 노출
- 포토 |밴드로 돌아온 정준영
- 포토 |이지애 '요가와 함께 아름다운 보디라인'
- 장미인애 "'복희누나'처럼 살고 있죠..저를 원할때 복귀"(인터뷰)
- 스윗리벤지 "홍대소시? NO..우리는 7년차 자생 밴드"(인터뷰)
- 엔 "빅스 데뷔 3주년, DJ된 내 모습 뿌듯하고 감사"(인터뷰②)
- DJ 차학연의 자신감 "제 목소리 달콤하지 않나요?"(인터뷰①)