JYJ’s Jae Joong turns into Joseon’s charismatic military officer
A new drama series Dr. Jin is expected to air in the first half of 2012. On February 21, the production team of the drama series announced that JYJ’s Jae Joong plays Kim Gyung Tak, a military officer of Joseon Dynasty.
Kim Gyung Tak is the highest-ranking military officer from a renowned military official family, generation after generation. He is a person of self reverence and high competitive spirit, but very devoted to only a woman.
Jae Joong made his impressive debut with SBS’s 2011 popular drama series Protect the Boss, but Dr. Jin will be his first challenge to appear in a historical drama series. Jae Joong is determined to display his dignified charismatic part with well-honed martial arts
His successful transformation into an actor turning from one of the most favored ‘idol’ singer in Asia surely is the focus of the people’s attention. That’s why his following step as an actor is drawing much attention both at home and Asian regions.
Dr. Jin is a historical medical drama series with special features: The best known doctor living in today’s Korea traces back to the Joseon Dynasty in the 1860s. Based on a Japanese hit comic book, which created a huge sensation when it was produced in a Japanese drama series in 2009, Dr. Jin is newly adjusted this time to Korea’s typical sentiment.
A representative of the production team says, “This will be a good chance for Jae Joong to reveal his different appeals from Protect the Boss. Please keep your interest and support for his challenge in this historical medical drama series.”
- Any copying, republication or redistribution of STARNEWS’s content is expressly prohibited without prior consent of STARNEWS. Copyright infringement is subject to criminal and civil penalties.
- English version: korea.com │ minongzi
- 포토 |안정환-이운재, '축구 레전드와 함께하는 청춘FC'
- 포토 |전현무-유세윤, '다리에 쥐 나겠네'
- 포토 |홍대에 뜬 신민아 '부러운 시선 한 몸에!'
- 포토 |'출근길에서 펼쳐진 걸그룹 각선미 대전!'
- 포토 |아놀드 슈왈제네거, 28살 연하 여자친구와 함께!
- 윤계상 "유해진에 반했다..거품이 빠졌다"(인터뷰)
- 한채아 "노출 연기, 피하진 않지만..자신 없어"(인터뷰)
- '7월 리팩' 핫샷 "반응 좋아 길게 활동하고파"(인터뷰)
- 김필 "내 음색 만들어진 것..성대결절 후 전화위복"(인터뷰)